The Alexander Technique can benefit anybody with the interest to pursue it. However, it has proved particularly useful for the following:
- Alleviating or preventing pain and other symptoms caused or aggravated by movement, tension, over-reaction, postural problems, or breathing difficulties.
- Improving physical and vocal performance, for example as musicians, actors, public speakers, and in sports, martial arts, yoga, Pilates and other disciplines.
- Building poise and confidence for greater success socially and in business.
- Assisting people to cope with situations of undue or extended physical or emotional stress.
- Changing unconscious behaviour and habits to achieve greater emotional stability, spontaneity, clarity and choice.
A variety of articles in this section expand on the following selected topics: